Valerie B. Duffy, PhD, RD
Valerie is Professor in the Department of Allied Health Sciences in the College of Agriculture and Natural Resources with joint appointment in the Department of Nutritional Sciences in the College and a visiting appointment in the Department of Neurobiology at the Yale University School of Medicine. With funding from NIH and USDA, she leads research in variation in oral sensation, food selection and chronic disease risk as well as improving diets and reducing risk of obesity in preschoolers and those of economic disadvantage. Dr. Duffy and her students have numerous publications and presentations at national and international meetings. She has received several awards for excellence in teaching, research and service. Graduate students that Dr. Duffy has mentored have pursued or completed doctoral degrees, hold leadership positions in public health, work in research and dietetics.
- Post-Doctoral Fellowship Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT (taste neurobiology)
- Ph.D. University of Connecticut, Department of Nutritional Sciences, Storrs, CT, 1992 (human nutrition)
- M.S. Rush University, Chicago, IL, 1984 (human nutrition)
- R.D. Dietetic Internship, Rush-Presbyterian-St. Luke's Medical Center, Chicago, IL, 1983
- B.S. Cornell University, College of Human Ecology, Ithaca, New York, 1982 (nutrition)